Why polyurethane foam concrete lifting is better than mudjacking or concrete replacement
- Concrete replacement: The cost of replacing concrete is typically double that of other solutions, makes an incredible mess, and requires a curing period that can impact use, accessibility, and operations, if for a business.
- Mudjacking: This process has been around since 1930 and is generally only a temporary repair. This process involves drilling a minimum 1” hole and pumping a wet slurry mixture beneath the concrete. The material never completely dries, weighs approximately 150 lbs per cubic foot, and because the material is wet, it can freeze during the winter leading to heaves and cracks.
The EXPERT Solution: Polyurethane foam is a hydrophobic material that weighs approximately 4 lb. per cubic foot. It does not deteriorate and will not wash away like mudjacking. It’s fast, cost-effective, reliable, and will have the longest life.
Did you know?
Polyurethane foam is an inert, non-toxic, environmentally safe material that is impervious to moisture and decay. This ensures that, over time, the foam will not only continue to be sustainable but provide lasting repair. It also:
- Reaches full strength within 15 minutes — perfect for high traffic areas!
- Soaks into loose soils and helps compact bad soil that may have caused sinking issues.
- Has a slow reaction time, allowing material to spread and fill voids beneath concrete.
Let Expert Concrete Raising make a positive impact on your property today!